Data Intelligence – Data Governance
We are a global team, implementing the Data Governance policy. We need to show where data enters the firm and how it is transformed and reported. We use this meta-data for regulatory requirements and to gain insights into our data - aiming to cut duplication, improve quality and respond faster to new business opportunities. Our users need to search and visualize the firm’s data flows. We will be mining our existing and new data stores, data models and processes.
The Data Intelligence team is creating a new consultative service offering providing data modeling and curation services to multiple business areas within Goldman Sachs. These services will include, physical and logical data modeling, data transformation, curation, governance, and facilitating access and delivery. Team members will use using a unified set of technology processes and tools, along with a standardized modelling language to streamline the process of data exchange between producers and consumers.
The team leverages a wide variety of cutting-edge data technologies including Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, Apache Beam, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, SQL, OLAP platforms, Hive, Java and Python.
• You will be part of the Data Intelligence group, providing insight into our data and helping the Firm meet regulatory commitments
• The applications you build will be used across the Firm to implement our global data governance strategy
• You will use leading open source and GS developed technology for visualizing data, workflows and lineage
• You will use agile development methods – working closely with our users, continuous test and deploy, estimating and managing work
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will be contributing to applications used globally, and delivering to meet critical regulatory deadlines
• You’ll have impact across the firm as Data Governance improves data integrity, provides insights into our data and streamlines new applications
• You’ll gain experience and knowledge of Enterprise data governance
• Your work will be seen and appreciated across the Firm
• You will be able to influence UI design across many new applications
• You can become a strong architect building multi-tier, service oriented platforms
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Experience with frameworks like Angular or React, interaction with REST services
• UI design experience, working closely with users to produce clear and easy to use interfaces
• Up to 6 years of Java development
• Up to 6 years of service oriented architecture development
• Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge and learn
• Experience in automated UI testing
• Appreciates and delivers clear, well tested code
• Ability to work closely with back end developers to design services and data structures for visualization
• Strong portfolio of work
• Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent industry experience
• Graph database development and graph design (e.g. Neo4J, OrientDB)
• Knowledge of Web UI technologies (including Angular, React)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.