What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We deliver applications for Investment Banking that support all aspects of advisory deal origination and new issue underwriting, including client targeting, idea generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book-building and revenue reporting.
Strong Analytical Self-Starter Production Engineer For Financing Group The Financing Group Technology team is responsible for development and support of systems used by the flagship Investment Banking Division as well and Equity and Fixed Income Divisions to execute debt and equity offerings such as Bond New Issuances and Initial Public Offerings (IPOs). These applications span all parts of the business flow - deal origination, marketing, order entry by Sales (book building), electronic exchange of orders with other banks, allocation/pricing, trade booking, settlement & reporting. The team is currently based in New York, London and Bangalore, and work closely with business users globally in eliciting end-user requirements all the way through to analysis, design, implementation and rollout of new solutions. The team is closely aligned to the business unit it supports having considerable interaction with front-office bankers, Syndicate Desk and sales professionals, middle-office functions and back-office Operations staff. The nature of the global business lends itself to high-profile transactions and visibility within the organization.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Support Financing Group suite of applications and firm’s risk using firm’s proprietary risk technology infrastructure
• Work proactively to implement solutions to eliminate/reduce issues in production environment
• Build and maintain close relationships with IBD Operations personnel and Financing Group Bankers
• Work closely with users to troubleshoot issues and manage their expectations
• Implement enhancements on existing applications and support tools
• Develop solutions using test driven development incorporating both unit and integration testing
• Implement and use best practices within the group for a continuously improving production environment and user experience
• Help train and mentor new production engineers
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer science or equivalent
• 3+ years application development/ production engineering experience
• Strong Programming skills in Java/J2EE or C# .NET
• Experience with Cloud, Spring framework and Hibernate
• Experience with service oriented architecture
• Ability and willingness to learn GS proprietary language
• Unix, Sybase SQL familiarity
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• Independent and comfortable in an ambiguous work environment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and perform under pressure in time-critical situations using sound judgment and professionali
• Good interpersonal, business-facing skills
• Person should exhibit a flexible attitude and dynamic approach to supporting applications/users as well as undertaking development projects. Banking industry experience is a plus
• Experience with distributed micro services systems utilizing messaging concepts
• Experience with Perl, .NET
• Experience with development tools like Svn, Intelij, TestNG, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins
• Banking industry experience is a plus
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.