Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
The Investment Strategy Group (ISG) within Goldman Sachs Consumer and Investment Management Division (CIMD) has responsibility for strategic and tactical asset allocation views and advice for the firm’s high net worth clients and certain institutions. The role of an ISG member requires a broad set of qualities, including a passion for investing, client servicing, as well as strong analytical and communication skills.
ISG Asia is seeking an Analyst to collaborate with ISG colleagues at all levels of seniority across the globe to research and identify top down, macro-driven investments across asset classes/geographies; Daily tasks include but not limited to: maintaining databases and work sheets; doing economic analysis; and building presentations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Deliver timely, thoughtful, and flawless executions
• Demonstrate strong analytical and technical skills
• Provide a keen interest in understanding the financial markets and macro economy
• Desire a long term career in Investment Management
• Initiate and assist on investment research efforts
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum undergraduate degree in Economics or Finance. Post-graduate degree preferred.
• Strong interest in macro research and China-related issues.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with high proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and economic databases.
• Collaborative and team work oriented; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Attention to details, patience, and ability to multi-task under pressure.
• Verbal and writing proficiency in English and Mandarin.
• 1-2 years of working experience preferred.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.