We deliver applications for Investment Banking that support all aspects of advisory deal origination and new issue underwriting, including client targeting, idea generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book-building and revenue reporting.
What We Do
Syndicate Engineering is a front office facing team and a core business for GS, globally. We collaborate closely with IBD Bankers to build business critical platforms used to execute IPOs, Follow-Ons, Block Deals etc. These platforms are used through all stages of deal execution, including investor indication capture, book building, trade booking, risk management and reporting. A unique mix of business, desk and industry partners, affords the ECM team to offer a great learning opportunity across technology and business. We are looking for talented engineers excited to work on cutting edge technology, with a direct impact on business and revenue.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Bring proven technical expertise ready to take advantage of a variety of technologies to facilitate new application development as part of a global program.
• Are enthusiastic and willing to learn. Syndicate Engineering is growing and performing large scale upgrades of our existing application suite; we seek motivated and capable engineers to help us drive through this transformation.
• Are passionate about Test Driven Development and applying good test practices and different types of testing to promote rapid, reliable and resilient application development.
• Are independent thinkers and motivated by having complete product ownership; identifying requirements, design, coding, testing and deployment.
• Are ready to contribute to analysis, design and review of software solutions, understanding how our teams fit into the wider technical strategy and how to bring that strategy to bear on the work we do.
• Welcome challenges. Your technical expertise will be coupled with superior soft skills, enabling you to partner with our business users directly to translate their needs into innovative technical solutions.
• Capable of driving and managing communications with business, during critical escalations.
• Mentor new Developers joining the team, while promoting knowledge building and sharing across regions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Proven track record of quality code delivery and ability to self-run with projects (when required).
• Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong foundation in Java (8), Spring, DB (any) and UI development skills ( ReactJS/AngularJS) (or other UI frameworks) in a test-driven environment.
• Exposure to Sybase (or other relational databases) alongside SQL.
• Experience with building and maintaining a micro-service based distributed architecture.
• Experience in implementing automated tests through test driven development.
• Strong development, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to excel in a global team.
• Experience working in a global development setup under an agile development model.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage business expectations and escalations.
• Experience in developing distributed, scalable and stable applications.
• Ability to design and build solutions using common Enterprise Integration Patterns
• Experience with Apache Camel, RabbitMQ (or other event-based messaging) and Dropwizard
• Experience with building end-to-end testing frameworks for distributed systems
• Proven track record in self-running projects when needed.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity