Data Governance is a global team which sits within Data Intelligence at Goldman Sachs working closely with all of the other pillars within Data Intelligence and with technology and businesses contacts right across the firm. We are responsible for governing all data at Goldman Sachs. Right now, Data Governance is going through a transition and our software is being rewritten entirely to enable a much more holistic approach to data governance. This brand new software will sit within a highly connected ecosystem across Data Intelligence tooling and will be used by dataset owners in every Goldman Sachs division, with both business and engineering users. It will enable our users to capture metadata about their datasets and systems including ownership, content, tiers and classifications, interactions with our modelling framework for enterprise data models, taxonomies, capturing of consumer-producer agreements, controls and validations, metrics and scoring of quality and management maturity to drive best practice across the firm, and lineage (data flows and transformations) from front to back across the firm. This helps us to ensure we get the very best from our data for critical business usage at Goldman Sachs, but is also regularly used to answer queries from financial regulators about how well we govern our data.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• As well as working on a highly dynamic project in an evolving ecosystem, there is a lot of senior focus on the project from our chief data officers and further afield and you would have regular touchpoints with firmwide leadership.
• We are really looking for someone who can help us design and build a best in breed UI for use across the firm using short sprints and an agile methodology. If you think this might be you, we would be very excited to talk to you about the project!
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Experience with frameworks like React or Angular (minimum 2 years)
• Experience with Redux or similar library, interaction with REST services
• UI design experience, working closely with users to produce clear and easy to use interfaces
• Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge and learn
• Experience in automated UI testing
• Appreciates and delivers clear, well tested code
• Ability to work closely with back end developers to design services and data structures for visualization
• Strong communicator to work closely with an international team
• Strong portfolio of work
• Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent industry experience
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.