Goldman Sachs Asia FICC trading team is looking for an experienced professional to join EM Repo trading. You will have prior knowledge, commercial awareness and demonstrated interest in financial markets. Along with excellent communication skills, you must also have the ability to deliver quality results while working on the trading desk under significant time pressures.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
Responsibilities can include:
- Manage and trade the risk of our business
- Analyse customer flow to optimise yields
- Meet with customers as the trading representative of our business
- Liaise with sales on customer flow and pricing adjustments
- Liaise with strats on pricing and hedging techniques
- Liaise with IT on trading and eCommerce initiatives
- Stay abreast of competitive and market landscape
- Independent research (study alpha-generating trading strategies, interesting customer behaviour, etc.)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record
- Prior trading experience gained from working within investment banking industry required
- Knowledge of a wide variety of financial products including swaps, bonds, futures/forward, credit, repo/funding products
- Experience of managing risks and pricing required
- Experience of compiling/presenting market insight to internal/external clients required
- Exposure to Repo Trading/Short Term Interest Trading essential
- Experience of working with sales teams and other internal departments required
- Experience with VBA and knowledge of Matlab preferable
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be a strong team-player
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.