In Finance Engineering, you’ll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us – a high return for the right risk taken.
ROI engineers work with multiple finance businesses to drive consistency, efficiency and reuse in the operational workflows towards procurement, expense management and reporting of the firm’s expenses.
Enterprise Design and Global Efficiencies (EDGE) Technology partners with leadership across the firm to create bespoke technology solutions in support of financial management and operational objectives. EDGE systems empower end users by providing timely operational and analytical transparency of revenue reporting, project delivery, and expense management.
Enterprise Design and Global Efficiencies (EDGE) is part of the newly created ROI Engineering group with a mission to transform the organization financially, operationally, and culturally, in order to achieve efficiencies and empower consumers in the business. The team provides innovative platforms and tools which enable senior leaders, CFOs, product owners, finance, management and strategy teams across the firm to analyze their investment structures, drive efficiencies and forecast future changes.
Our global team works collaboratively across both New Jersey, and Bengaluru locations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• We are looking for individuals who are interested in building high performance, complex applications using the latest technology stack, and are willing to learn.
• EDGE systems continue to be adopted by more teams across multiple business areas. The platforms are growing and evolving.
• As a developer on the EDGE team, you will have opportunities to design, solution engineer and build the next generation applications for our clients in a flexible and team-work oriented environment
• This role also offers the opportunity to work directly with various senior stakeholder across Divisions and their Business sponsors.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 2+ years of experience in Java, Spring, REST, JSON, SQL and knowledge of Enterprise patterns
• Understanding of principles of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, SDLC, Testing and Code Quality
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization. Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks. Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business. Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes. Strong oral and written communication skills
• Analytical skills to perform detailed technical and functional analysis
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with Workflow, ElasticSearch, Enterprise Messaging, Caching
• Experience in Python, Data analysis, Scripting
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.