Are you interested in learning about risk and finance or perhaps expanding what you know, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As a business software engineer in the Finance & Risk Engineering organization under the Technology Division, you will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of risk management and financial reporting, while working in small, nimble teams to provide technical products that meet our constantly changing business needs. Our partnership with the Finance and Risk Divisions, respectively, directly correlates to Goldman Sachs’ core competencies – monitoring, measuring and reporting not only risk exposures, but also financial transactions. We engage with senior leadership across various areas of the firm, in addition to a number of divisional committees and regulatory entities. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst our diverse mix of teams and functions.
Specific to MRMT, the Model Risk Management Technology (MRMT) team partners with the firm’s Model Risk Management (MRM) group in Risk division to define implement and support various MRM functions including model Inventorization, inventory attestation, risk assessment, validation, finding management, process verification and change control. The team completely owns IT Infrastructure and drives the technology implementation to cater to these evolving functions. The systems built by the team, are used by MRMs, Model developers and Model owners across the firm. Our projects include developing modules to review historical model data, applying analytics and machine learning to detect/flag Anomalies in Model behavior and evaluate if changes in products, clients or market conditions necessitate adjustment, redevelopment or replacement of existing models. MRMT team members work on the full technological stack in a fast paced iterative development environment. As an engineer in this team, you will make significant contributions to the firm’s Model Risk Management framework and governance structure.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Candidates will have extensive interaction with Model Risk analysts, quantitative analysts, and front office technologists and strategists
• High profile and mission critical projects will require candidates to become familiar with the underlying businesses and product lines we support, as well as our coding and design standards
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3+ years of expertise and professional experience in at least one of Java, C++, Python, C#
• Knowledge of relational database technologies such as Sybase or DB2
• Willingness to embrace a proprietary development language (SecDB and Slang)
• Track record of technical excellence with an emphasis on quality and focus on testing and continuous improvements
• Demonstrate strong problem solving & analytical skills
• Working knowledge and proficiency in software engineering principles applicable to large-scale systems, backed up by real-project implementation experience
• Be hands-on and take ownership of issues to ensure follow-through
• Have strong communication skills and feel comfortable working in a global team that both welcomes and challenges new ideas
• Have experience of partnering with clients to deliver benefits to the business
• Knowledge of some area of trading, and basic familiarity with one or more categories of financial instruments
• Strong Interest in Finance & Risk
• Critical/objective thinker, able to think through processes and engineer workflows
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity