Deployment and Runtime is responsible for Goldman Sachs' mission critical production platforms including:
• Core data centre platforms including network and storage
• Private and Public Cloud computing platform
• Entitlements platform
• Security and critical infrastructure services
• Linux and Windows engineering
• Distributed scheduling
An Individual in this role will be part of a diverse global network engineering execution team responsible for Implementation, Deployment, Operations and Product Life Cycle management of network infrastructure, including both internal campus/trading network and external facing client and Internet connectivity.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• An individual in this role will be part of network engineering execution team responsible for Implementation, Deployment, Operation and Product Life Cycle management of network infrastructure, including both internal campus/trading network and external facing client and Internet connectivity, according to the global network policies and best practices
• Work with a global network team on providing level 1-2 troubleshooting for network incidents.
• Maintains lifecycle management for the network security production environment (installation, upgrades, patches, decommissioning, etc.)
• Provide network input when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Market Data, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Centre.
• Maintain accurate network diagrams, inventory and documentation for network infrastructure.
• Own the delivery of a variety of concurrent network projects in varying scale from small to very large
• • Follow established network policies and procedures, implementations, upgrades, patches, installation of new applications and equipment, and ticket resolution. Continually assesses network configurations for conciseness, efficiency, and ease of maintenance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Understanding of networking technologies, topologies, and protocols. (TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, VLANs, Firewalls, Carrier Circuits, Ethernet)
• Technical experience using any of the following: Cisco Routers & Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Cisco IOS, NX-OS, Juniper and Netscreen firewalls, GRE/IPSec
• Hands-on experience in implementing, operating and troubleshooting IP-based Data networks (LAN/WAN/MAN).
• Knowledge and experience working with network management tools such as configuration management, network health check tools, log collectors
• Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently in a global team environment.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in finance industry and multi-national company
• Experience with automating Network functions is a plus.
• Experience with at least one programming language (Python, Perl, Java, SQL) beyond basic scripting is a key advantage
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.