Specialist in Platform Services, the Technology Division’s “Run-The-Bank” production management organization in Goldman Sachs. Specialist role in the production management function for technologies and systems that support the Firm’s various business functions
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• • Work actively with technology teams to analyse and resolve Application failures
• • Identify defects, discrepancies, and trends by ways of troubleshooting
• • Manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
• • Improve Infrastructure stability and performance by observing patterns, recurring failures and/or issues, and advise application owners on permanent fixes accordingly
• • Adopt various tools developed by ETO Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques and notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost.
• • Identify alerts / processes that can be automated and then work with Engineering team in automating them
• • Challenge existing Infrastructure setup, processing and suggest different ways to solve problem or improve stability
• • Actively participate in Change management process with view to manage risk in production environment
• • Build and improve run books for generalists to minimize operational errors and gain Fungibility/efficiency
• • Develop reports that provide trending statistics to track and manage Infrastructure health and support service performance
• • Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies not available through market place. No knowledge of proprietary technologies is required pre-hire
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Master’s degree (U.S. or equivalent) and Three (3) years of Infrastructure support experience or Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or equivalent) and Five (5) years of Infrastructure support experience
• • Strong understanding of Unix or Windows Server architecture
• • Proficiency with Unix/Linux-based operating system, commands and utilities, as well as Configuration Management Tools or
• • Experience of supporting, Share Point, Mobile and instant messaging applications
• • Strong ability to debug applications to identify the underlying root cause
• • Problem solving in a development or production environment, including experience observing patterns, analysing root cause and suggesting ideas to resolve issues
• • Good communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of a development/production problem to help drive solutions with App Dev teams and senior stakeholders
• • Experience in the Financial Service Industry
• • Experience in Cluster Computing and Big Data solutions: Spark, Hadoop, HDSF, XRS using public cloud
• • Degree in Computer Science
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity