ABOUT YOU: You care deeply about the reliability of your software processes, and loath the smell of poor quality in the data shrine. You are best-practice incarnate and consider continuous learning and mentoring to be of the highest, equivalent importance. Nearly everything you do is data-driven and you seek out innovative ways to measure at scale. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development within your teams. For you, automating away toil is a daily breath of fresh air, and clever little solutions with scalable impact are warm like sunshine. You look forward to collaborating with product teams and clients alike, and expect to build many long lasting relationships with them. ABOUT US: DRE is embedded globally into Reference Data product teams and is responsible for the reliability of our processes and the quality of our data stores. We're always improving our systems, ensuring our clients have the best and fastest experience possible. Available in Salt Lake City, Warsaw and Singapore.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• As a Data Reliability Engineer (DRE) your focus is on automation, monitoring, and incident management of production reference data systems (ETL, databases/stores, APIs) – about 50% engineering and 25% incident response.
• Our engineering effort is dominantly automating data toil, revitalizing our legacy systems into distributed, fault-tolerant systems, as well as establishing system health monitoring and SLO-driven error budget governance.
• Our incident management is in collaboration with product owners, producing blameless postmortems, identifying real root cause, and eliminating recurrence.
• The role requires a very hands-on, system engineer, production engineer, and/or site reliability engineer with a breadth of experience – you recognize issues and know scalable solutions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• An academic study of software design, data structures, complexity, and algorithms.
• 7+ years recent experience in enterprise SDLC environments across multiple compiled AND scripting
• 7+ years recent experience with data environments including relational SQL databases and distributed NoSQL data stores with emphasis on data validation, quality, ETL, and data streams.
• Expert English communication and presentation skills.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity