Are you interested in learning about risk or perhaps expanding what you know, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As an Engineer in the Risk Engineering organization, you will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of risk management (credit, market, liquidity, operational and model risk). You will work with a team of talented engineers to drive the build & adoption of common tools, platforms and applications.
Risk Applications, Platforms and Data (RAPD) team identifies problems across Risk and engineers solutions to monitor and manage Risk in a timely and reliable manner. The team builds solutions that are offered as a software product or as a hosted service. We are a dynamic team of talented developers and architects who partner with business areas and other technology teams to deliver high profile projects using a raft of technologies that are fit for purpose (Java, Cloud computing, HDFS, Spark, S3, ReactJS, Sybase IQ among many others). A glimpse of the interesting problems that we engineer solutions for, include acquiring high quality data, storing it, performing risk computations in limited amount of time using distributed computing, and making data available to enable actionable risk insights through analytical and response user interfaces.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance & Risk
• Build disruptive solutions using cutting edge technologies with measurable commercial outcomes
• Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
• Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
• Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
• Build strong relationships with business facing technology teams and business partners
• Work with global teams of talented software engineers who are passionate about identifying patterns and building common solutions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Expertise in full stack front end Web Development or server side Java development with Relational Databases
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong programming experience in at least one language
• Demonstrate front end design aesthetics with focus on User Experience.
• Technologies: TDD (JUnit), build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant), Scala, Java, Spark, Tableau, Linux, Python and shell scripting
• Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
• Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.