Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world’s leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the
business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
Desk aligned teams that work directly with various GSAM Trading Desks (AIMS, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity, Global Portfolio Solutions, Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, and Quantitative Investment Strategies) to design, deliver and support strategic
solutions covering all aspects of the investment process: research, portfolio construction, trade planning, trade execution, reporting and risk management.
Engineers in the Central Trading Desk team have the responsibility for developing trading and risk management systems that are used across desks in GSAM. Focus on trade and workflow automation with a consolidated modern technology stack.
This role will allow you to:
* Engineer trading systems for a variety of assets (listed and OTC)
* Develop a strategy for the risk management platform in GSAM
* Collaborate across multiple business units and interact with portfolio managers and traders
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• This role will provide you with the following opportunities: * Engineer highly-available trading systems to handle large volumes of cash equity and futures orders in an event-driven framework * Partner with the business to develop scalable systems that reduce transaction costs and operational risk, and scale the business function to the rest of the GSAM businesses * Develop trading systems for over-the-counter instruments that allow the global trading team to trade new instruments with a comprehensive workflow, including capture of quotes, evidence of best execution, and trading controls * Work with portfolio managers, traders, middle and back office teams in engineering trade flows for new products. * Belong to a global team of energetic technology professionals, who have a passion to build resilient trading/risk management systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• * 5 to 10 years of industry experience programming in Java or equivalent * Clear understanding of algorithms and optimization * Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management) * Comfort with standard SDLC tools, e.g. version control systems, diff-ing tools * Strong written and oral communication skills * Enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual with high degree of attention to detail
• * Experience in the financial industry (especially in asset management) is a preference, but not a requirement for the position
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.