The Directory Services Engineering team within the User Platform Engineering organization is looking for an experienced engineer in the Linux LDAP space. This position will be working with a global team responsible for the architecture, design and development of systems supporting LDAP servers for Goldman Sachs. The LDAP infrastructure supports wide and varied services that require high availability and performance in a secure environment.
As a member of the Directory Services Engineering team, this position will help design, engineer and deploy solutions to help ensure the security, resiliency and operational health of Linux-based LDAP platforms within Goldman Sachs. Responsibilities will also include coordinating with various technology infrastructure teams for infrastructure projects, managing systems lifecycle and evaluating existing solutions for optimizations or enhancements. The position will also be engaged in vendor management, industry analysis, product benchmarking and contributing to the technical understanding and promotion of new and existing standards, solutions and tools. The ideal candidate will have will have a minimum of five years in management and deployment of a Linux LDAP Infrastructure, including the definition and monitoring of Service Level Objectives (SLO's). The candidate will also be familiar with identity management and federated identity concepts within medium to large enterprises.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers delivering solutions specializing in a range of technologies with a remit to define and build integrated architectures for secure, scalable infrastructure services serving a diverse set of internal and external use cases
• Collaborate with Linux and LDAP engineers across Goldman Sachs to optimize and enhance the security and runtime operations of different Linux-based LDAP instances within Goldman Sachs
• Engage with LDAP consumers to collaborate on efficient and secure integration approaches for their application requirements
• Contribute to the definition, monitoring and escalation of Service Level Objectives (SLO's) for the LDAP environments using industry-standard tools to monitor and adopt to breaches of the SLO's
• Automate tasks in Linux-based scripting languages to increase efficiency of the team and detect abnormal behavior of the systems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Technical knowledge of LDAP environments in medium to large enterprises
• Sound working knowledge of Linux Operating System internals
• Experience architecting and implementing business continuity plans, recovery strategies and hardening strategies for LDAP environments
• Implementing controls and monitoring solutions to ensure appropriate security, performance, scalability and monitoring guidelines are achieved for the LDAP instances.
• Protocol-level expertise with LDAP and Kerberos
• Working knowledge of Identity Management, Single Sign On and Federated Identity principles
• Proficiency in designing, developing and testing software in Python and Java; willingness to learn and adopt new languages
• Fundamental understanding of secure application and environment design and management concepts
• Strong understanding of systems development lifecycle best practices
• Must be able to sustain a high rate of workflow and work on multiple projects
• Must have exposure to the project management role in an enterprise environment
• The person will need good verbal and written communication skills. He/she needs to show past experience in utilizing various influencing skills and be able to collaborate, communicate and deliver in a global environment
• Ability to present to management, internal client audiences or professional peers, and ability to work independently on problem solving and investigation
• Development knowledge or product expertise with Single Sign On/Access Management products (e.g., SiteMinder, OpenAM, Shibboleth), Federated Identity products (e.g., ADFS, PingFederate) or Cloud-based Identity providers (e.g. Okta, Azure AD)
• Ability to create reports on trends, perform gap analysis, perform risk analysis and provide recommendations to address deficiencies in the environment
• Expertise in operating and implementing commercial and / or open source monitoring software
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity