WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm’s culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm’s enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm’s second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm’s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm’s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
The principal responsibilities include:
• Conducting reviews of marketing materials, perform surveillance, review sample of trades for the desks to ensure adherence to procedures and fair allocation across accounts, organize and update GSAM training sessions and perform due diligence on managers . You will also have good exposure to the regulatory environment and business activities of other regions.
Strong communications skills; oral, written and interpretive – must be able to comprehend what is said/written and ask probing questions
• Attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
• Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and business
• Possess a general understanding of the current regulatory environment and financial markets and/or regulation and rules
• Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure
• Proactive, self-motivated and organized
• Ability to prioritize and make Consensus driven decisions in a fast paced-environment
• Good judgment – know when and how to escalate issues
• Inquisitive and investigative skills
• Basic understanding of the fundamentals of the financial industry
• Experience in financial, legal, accounting or regulatory areas is preferred
• Computer skills:
* Microsoft Office Applications
* Visual Basic for Applications programming is a desired but not required skill set
• Grasp business, compliance and regulatory rules and policies
• Take ownership and provide feedback on reports and resolving exceptions
• Provide guidance to internal clients on appropriate interpretation and application of policies/procedures
• Escalate situations, as appropriate, to relevant divisional compliance officers and business unit managers
• Assist regional compliance in ongoing projects, responding to changes in the firm’s businesses and changes in regulation
• Execute and manage global ad-hoc projects based on compliance or business requirements that help in enhancing the compliance of the firm
• Taking ownership of processes and controls within the team, driving the development of methods to improve processes and / or controls to ensure that these are efficient, effective and relevant
• Seeking and implementing automated solutions (for manual processes and anticipated future requirements), which will involve providing direction and requirements to Technology as well as acting in partnership with Technology
• Leverage strong communication and relationship-building skills in frequent interaction with other areas of the firm and professionals across the globe
• Identify and effectively escalate potential issues to the appropriate person/s
• Communicate findings to compliance colleagues and suggest potential corrective actions to address issues
• Complying with internal controls, policies and procedures and regularly reviewing and updating procedures and training documentation.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.