Design, engineer, deploy & lifecycle manage the firm’s voice, multimedia systems, messaging platforms, desktop and productivity apps including; MS Exchange, perimeter gateways, MS Office, Outlook, Visio, Google docs, Trader voice platforms, call manager and Telepresence. The group ensures the resiliency, optimization, security and protection of our systems and the delivery and management of the firm’s robust product groups.
Support a variety of network, system, and software components in a trading and banking environment. Configuration, troubleshooting and ongoing support will be required with networking equipment, MS Windows servers, Citrix Servers, various workstation hardware, Nortel PBX, IPC MX Voice Trading System, Cisco VoIP gear, Leviton Cable plant, market data products and third-party trading platforms.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Ensure all production trading systems are fully operational during required market hours.
• Provide first and second level support to all internal trading personnel and external clients
• Identify and resolve points of failure in production trading systems, escalating to other Goldman Sachs technical staff, or third party software vendors as necessary.
• Work with coworkers and Trading Support Desk to ensure effective prioritization and completion of problems and projects.
• Coordinate with software vendors and outside service providers to resolve problems and complete new projects in a timely and effective manner.
• Analyze results of monitors and recommend potential improvements to enhance systems availability and reliability.
• Compile daily problem logs using Remedy -noting system malfunctions, ongoing problems, and current status of all issues.
• Coordinate with peers, other internal departments, and client contacts to make sure all parties are up to date on open issues.
• Continually create, update, and publish documentation relating to existing and new procedures.
• Proficient in LAN administration, knowledge of layer 2 switching, VLAN configuration. Familiarity with CISCO environment.
• AV support for the office
• IPT office support
• Assist with issues in the Southborough Office
• Support all office hardware and related peripherals
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A college degree in a technical field is desirable.
• Previous experience in supporting production trading systems is also desirable.
• Any Citrix and Cisco experience is a plus.
• Solid fundamental networking skills including general TCP/IP, routing, port management.
• Install, configure, and support Microsoft Windows servers and workstations. 3 or more years experience preferred.
• Experience supporting client/server based software applications. 3+years
• Solid written and verbal communications skills. Offices require high touch and high demand responsibilities.
• Experience supporting client/server based software applications. 3+ years preferred.
• Experience supporting Citrix Servers and clients. 3+ years experience preferred.
• Experience support voice products. Understanding and support experience of PBXs, Octel VoiceMail Servers, Voice Trading Systems, and Cisco VoIP products desirable.
• Understanding and support experience with Video IP helpful
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity