The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
What we do
Prime Clearing Operations Technology / Clearing Operations Engineering is responsible for building and enhancing the systems and processes that powers Goldman Sachs’ derivatives clearing business. We connect GS and our clients to over 40 clearing venues across the world. Every future or option that GS clears for ourselves or for our clients flows through our systems, which can be >1m day.
We have several applications that make this happen. Most of these need to efficiently process high throughput, have rich operational functionality and handle significant financial exposure. They include:
• Clearing venue and client connectivity
• Matching algorithms
• Trade booking and event processing flows
• Data lake for analytics
How will you succeed in the role?
Show your attention to detail and the best practices when designing, developing and testing code.
The complexity in derivatives products and the functional flows can be considerable. With the support of your team you'll build partnerships with our stakeholders across different operations, business, client services, engineering and external groups to implement effective and sometimes creative solutions.
You will move quickly to engineer solutions for constantly evolving business or client demands. Also, you will consider strategic initiatives for future business growth, demonstrate the ability to see the big picture and deliver innovative ideas for complex flows. Demonstrating the ability to do both of these is key to your role.
Our team is distributed globally (Bengaluru, London, New York, Singapore and Warsaw) it's a diverse set of skills, ideas and people. You will collaborate as part of this global team to forming strong relationships and implement solutions based on consensus.
Keep learning and growing your skills. Neither technology or our business stand still, you'll be expect to grow alongside the team and keep bringing something new to the table.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components of the distributed clearing platforms
• The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment
• As part of the product lifecycle, the role includes support and maintenance of the existing platform
• The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and business professionals to define behaviour, functionality and expected outcomes for the products under development
• The candidate is expected to work closely with colleagues and users in other regions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong analytical skills
• 2+ years of Core Java development experience (solid understanding of Core Java concepts and Design Patterns). Similar expertise with equivalent object oriented languages also considered (e.g. C++/C#).
• 2+ years RDBMS experience (Sybase or UDB preferred - able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
• 2+ years OO design/development
• Strong communication skills
• Must be a self-starter
• Unix environment working experience
• Scripting (Perl/Python/Shell)
• Test Driven development
• Tomcat experience a plus
• Big data technology stack
• Financial market knowledge
• RESTful web services
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.