CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm’s consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious Platform Infrastructure Engineers who are passionate about design and implementation of automated, high-performance, always-on systems in the public cloud that meet the demands of our digital customers today and in the future. Successful candidates will be proficient with cloud and automation technologies backed by a strong understanding of networking, security, and system engineering principles.
• Achieving highly efficient and reliable infrastructure provisioning through automation
• Identifying and delivering self-service capabilities to other engineering functions that require on-demand infrastructure
• Implementation and design of always-on systems in conjunction with our Site Reliability Engineering teams
• Subject matter expertise support for our cloud platforms, both in production and non-production environments
• Maturing use of existing cloud services in addition to identifying, testing, and adopting new services to address new demands, features, and products
• Work closely with architecture, security, compliance, and other business functions to define requirements, collaborate on designs, and execute on delivery of the solutions
• 5+ years of professional experience in Reliability Engineering, Linux Systems Administration, DevOps, or Systems/Infrastructure Engineering
• 3+ years experience with infrastructure design and implementation for major public cloud provider(s)
• Experience with automation and configuration management tooling and frameworks
• Proficient with modern scripting languages (e.g. Python and Shell)
• Understanding of industry standards for building services in Cloud environments
• Familiarity with Linux OS concepts and CLI proficiency
• Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex systems
• Composed urgency in stressful situations is critical
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.