Application Opening Date: 02 August 2019
Application Closing Date: 29 August 2019
We are looking for a professional to join our desk strats team and work across our range of systems and applications which are vital to the daily activity of our Equity Derivatives businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team and help to transform the way we price, trade and risk manage Equity Derivatives products at Goldman Sachs.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
We are a team of desk strats who work to transform the Equities business at Goldman Sachs by automating the key decisions taken every day. Our team has a wide remit including automatic quoting, optimizing hedging decisions and developing algorithms to trade equity derivatives on European exchanges. We also deploy statistical analysis techniques and mathematical models to enhance the decision making process, with the overall aim of improving business performance while working closely with traders and salespeople on the trading floor.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Model and predict equity volatility surfaces using state of the art technology and techniques. Ensure these systems are highly performant, reliable, and scalable, fitting vol surfaces from hundreds of thousands of listed options
- Automate pricing, hedging and execution of Equity Derivatives products in real time systems used for fast and high volume processing
- Design, develop and support highly reliable systems across a range of technologies in a structured, disciplined and fast-moving environment
- Improve execution quality and automated decision making with a focus on data analysis and a scientific approach to systems development
- Maintain a strong understanding of the full range of Equity Derivatives products from simple options through to structured products. Understand pricing considerations, risk measures, PnL and the hedging process.
- Pro-actively automate business workflows and improve or build highly reliable tools which support the day to day operation of our Equity Derivatives trading desk
- Work closely with trading, sales, technology and operations teams as part of project work and support responsibilities
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Master’s / PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or a related quantitative discipline required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry required
- Exposure to a front-office trading environment
- Programming skills in C++, Python and familiarity with R, Matlab, and SQL required
- Familiarity with distributed programming or low latency systems required
- Experience with predictive models, linear and non-liner models and Bayesian methods and working with large data-sets required
- Familiarity with probability, decision methods, statistical modelling, stochastic processes, parameter estimation and optimisation required
- Demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement initiatives required
- Experience with research, development testing, solution implementation, technical infrastructure maintenance, reporting and documentation required
- Knowledge of machine learning, quantitative analytics, data analysis, risk assessment tools required
- Experience with Excel including VBA required
- Project management skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.