This is a challenging role in a global, real-time environment with exposure to a wide range of financial products. It is focused on teamwork, exception management, continuous improvement and proactive control. The team is seeking a professional who can collaborate effectively across functional groups in the active mitigation of operational risk.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Singapore Listed Derivatives Middle Office (LDMO) provides operational support to a wide variety of internal and external clients who execute on all major Asia Derivatives Exchanges.
Daily interaction with: (external) Asian Exchanges, Clearing Houses, Third Party Brokers and GS Clients, (internal) Compliance, Legal, Credit & Risk, Other Operations groups, Global Sales and Trading desks and managing Futures & GSS Clients. LDMO monitor all Global Listed Derivatives business (Clearing and Position maintenance) on behalf of Goldman Sachs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Understanding clearing of Listed derivatives on Asia exchanges. Previous experience in clearing Ops or related role a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and logical approach to all work undertaken.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• A flexible, proactive, energetic approach is essential.
• A strong team player who is able to work efficiently & effectively under pressure.
• Enthusiasm and a strong desire to learn are key attributes given the steep learning curve this role will provide.
• A highly confident and professional approach to all work undertaken and most importantly other members of the team.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.