Enabling Goldman Sachs’ research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and
accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they
choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to
help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy.
The Goldman Sachs Investment Research division is undergoing a digital transformation. You’ll be part of a team responsible for the next generation digital research platform on the public cloud. As a DevOps/DevSecOps Engineer, you will collaborate with software engineers to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes with a focus on security. We use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless post mortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work. GIR’s culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. You will be responsible for identifying the right tools, technologies and procedures for GIR in AWS.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will work on a diverse set of technologies, many open source, and find where their interests lie.
• We sit with our business counterparts and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face.
• DevOps/DevSecOps manages availability, latency, scalability, security and efficiency of GIR services by engineering reliability into software and systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
• 2+ years’ software development experience
• A strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
• Willingness to collaborate with our business partners to understand and implement their requirements
• Experience with software development lifecyles methodologies, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and associated tools
• Experience with automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
• Experience in network, service and application monitoring
• DevOps/DevSecOps experience on AWS Public Cloud
• Infrastructure as Code
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.