Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm’s
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
FICC SMM is a cross-asset Systematic Market-Making business covering FX, Commodities, Interest Rates, and Credit. We are growing our team focused on integrating our clients with the FICC SMM Electronic Trading offer and building client-service tools for internal Traders and Salespeople. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in a specialized team of engineers working with a dynamic and exciting business.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• In this team, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of electronic trading across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume FX trades to complex derivatives in Commodities.
• On a daily basis, we work with our external clients (e.g. Banks, Hedge Funds and Retail Brokers) throughout the entire integration process to have them connected to GS FX & Commodities Electronic Trading systems, which involves: 1) Gathering business and technical requirements; 2) Working with clients on connectivity/networking solutions and partnering build out; 3) Support during development phase; 4) Certification; 5) Go-live
• We work closely with FICC SMM Sales and Trading on a daily basis as well as other GS technical teams.
• We coordinate and perform in-depth tests with clients as well as gather requirements for new products.
• We are maintaining and building out new tools for the on-boarding purposes.
• We identify, troubleshoot, and resolve application and connectivity problems.
• We are responsible for the health of our UAT electronic trading and risk management systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 1 to 3 years of work experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivation to learn about new businesses and willingness to take ownership of client relationships.
• Ability to multi-task effectively as there will often be multiple concurrent issues and projects.
• Ability to read code and develop changes.
• Experience working with external clients directly, and the ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Experience in integrating clients to financial trading platforms, in particular with the FIX protocol.
• Knowledge of networking i.e. TCP/IP, UDP protocols.
• Experience with client/server architecture.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.