Application Opening Date: 06 September 2019
Application Closing Date: 03 October 2019
We raise capital for companies by investing in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
Our people are entrepreneurial, within the first few months you will be expected to lead projects and own their outcomes. Working closely with deal team leaders across the Investing and Lending platform, the successful candidate will be expected to drive portfolio management and support asset management across the European Loan space on a day-to-day basis, you will provide thoughtful analysis and communicate with senior leaders in the firm on the performance of loan investments and key profit/loss drivers. Our business is growing, you will work with our capital partners to advise on acquisitions and dispositions of performing and non-performing loan portfolios. You will have exposure to a variety of different asset types and jurisdictions across the European real estate investment space
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s level, equivalent or above required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience required
- Experience in real estate, loan investing and portfolio/asset management required
- Strong grasp of financial concepts, with excellent attention to detail, a clear ability to multi-task, and an ability to work to goals/deadlines
- Experience of sourcing and structuring asset level debt financing and working in an advisory capacity required
- Experience with negotiation, reporting, due-diligence and documentation processes required
- Analytical mind-set and strong financial modelling skills; proficiency in Excel is essential
- Experience in preparing marketing materials, memorandums and market insight/information required
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment, able to respond to new information and quickly revise analyses
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.