Tax Operations is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the firm’s compliance with reporting authorities around the globe and managing related inquiries from a variety of the firm’s businesses across established and emerging markets. Day-to-day production functions include accurate and timely account documentation and monitoring, withholding, client information reporting, and regulatory filings. The team also provides critical subject matter expertise and functionally-aligned support during the design, testing and implementation of related systems and processes. The team capitalizes on opportunities to optimize procedures and build scalability through data analytics and efficient use of technology.
The role provides an opportunity to broaden product and market experience and develop management skills across a broad range of topics. The role gives solid exposure to senior stakeholders providing excellent opportunities for career progression. The firm provides a range of development tools including Goldman Sachs University and a formal 360 degree review process to enhance management effectiveness and equip individuals to progress in their careers.
• You will act as a risk manager for the firm through ongoing assessment and awareness of the regulatory environment and the firm’s adherence to its regulatory obligations.
• Industrialise and automate processes and ensure effective controls are implemented.
• Exposure to impact assessments on processes for new markets, new products, business reorganizations, system changes and regulations.
• Involvement in the review and interpretation of market updates to evaluate impact and outline operational proposals as to how we should adapt to that change.
• Partner with key stakeholders within Operations, Trading, Corporate Tax and Technology.
• You will have excellent opportunities to develop your career as change management (including Regulatory change) is at the forefront of the firm’s strategy and the industry.
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills with an ability to understand complex workflows.
• Results orientated - ability to balance multiple, time-sensitive projects while maintaining a longer term, strategic focus.
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to influence business stakeholders and help make decisions.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proactive and self-starting individual with high level of ownership.
• Proven track record of demonstrating successful teamwork
• Flexibility and ability to learn quickly.
• Intermediate/advanced Excel skills essential.
• Risk Management – Awareness and understanding of Operational Risk.
• Awareness of current economic and market trends impacting the financial landscape.
• Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
• Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
• Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are realistic and have practical value
• Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.