BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Loan Management primarily supports the Securities Division and Investment Banking Division within Goldman Sachs. Loan Management, amongst other things, is responsible for directing and facilitating due diligence (at both, the deal and asset levels) for the acquisitions, asset management and sales/securitizations of various types of loan portfolios in the US, EMEA and APAC.
The EMEA Mortgage desk makes markets in European loan business and Asset Backed securities, and increasingly places a large amount of focus on purchasing whole loan pools, originating new loan assets (e.g. mortgages / consumer loans) to create new securities which can be distributed to our clients. In this way the desk and structurers, in particular, are very much at the heart of a changing European banking / capital-markets landscape, and designing ways in which Goldman can be a long-term participant in these new flows of capital.
Loan Management is currently seeking an Analyst to support the EMEA loans business. The successful candidate will be responsible for product setup and trade booking requirements of trade closing, quantitative analysis surrounding (pre-trade) collateral analytics/valuation and the ongoing (post-trade) asset management of loan portfolios and ensuring integrity, definition, structure and unity of purpose of data in Goldman Sachs system of record.
• Providing analyses of client portfolios, such as Mortgages (Residential and Commercial), Commercial and Consumer Loans (Student, Credit Card, Auto, Personal, etc.). This involves data extraction, quality check, portfolio segmentation based on key collateral characteristics and data stratification.
• Learning the methodology and mechanics of internal loan pricing models, being able to apply these models to potential acquisitions or in advisory capacity.
• Providing thoughtful color and commentary regarding the performance of collateral and key valuation drivers. Estimating credit losses on the collateral using existing valuation models, Rating agency models and summarizing output for management/client presentation.
• Ensure the flow of data underneath all of the analytics is accurate. This includes ensuring accuracy on all the deal related documents in a timely manner.
• Get involved in transaction management related activities for the desk new positions and as well as existing positions.
• Interface with Loan servicer/ Controllers / Operations/ Risk and other relevant teams to ensure capture of all relevant data point/ accuracy flow to relevant systems.
• Coordinate with Technology and internal departments to develop create new vendor data feeds, add enhancements to internal databases.
• Manage and create data related quality control checks for internal databases and provide resolution through analytic research.
• Manage file load process for vendor data feeds.
• Fulfill ad hoc data requests.
• Strong academic background – 2 to 3 year related business, math, or accounting background with a minimum 3.0 GPA equivalent
• Highly motivated self-starter with strong mathematical and analytical aptitude, attention to details and ability to prioritize workload and manage expectations until projects are finished
• Give evidence of being a strong team player, collaborate with others within and across teams
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to express relevant, technical concepts in a clear and concise manner and with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
• Think ahead, anticipate questions, plan for contingencies, find alternative solutions, identify clear objectives and make defensible judgments regarding workflow
• Ability to see the big picture and effectively analyze complex issues
• Mortgage banking or other financial industry experience preferred
• Up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
• Proficient in Excel and SQL
• Knowledge of Database objects and data structures
• Experience of working with large sets of data is a plus
• Ability to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
• Project management and organizational skills This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.