Application Opening Date: 10 September 2019
Application Closing Date: 07 October 2019
Level: Executive Director
Network Engineering is a global organisation that is part of the Technology Infrastructure Division and is based in multiple locations around the world.
The EMEA team develops products and solutions including networks hosting critical market data, exchange connectivity and e-commerce services, the design of the physical network supporting the London campus and inter-connectivity to regional offices across Europe and the Middle East. The team ensures that knowledge, best practices and expertise are shared between regions promoting teamwork and collaboration.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Developing new solutions for internal clients; Working with internal clients to understand their requirements; Translating client requirements into technology solutions; Communicating the important technical and commercial attributes of solutions to clients in ways the client can understand.
- Introduction, communication and development of strategic networking technologies to provide additional scalability and functionality.
- Take an active role in the product lifecycle; new technology introduction through to demise.
- Owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects in varying scale from small to very large.
- Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Market Data, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Centre.
- Provide technical escalation for complex problems.
- Working with networking product vendors and telecoms service providers with regards to all of the above.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s level, equivalent or above in Engineering, Technology or a related discipline required
- Significant experience of network engineering and implementing networking technologies within large enterprise with exposure to Financial services sector required
- Familiarity of WAN/LAN topologies and protocols, networking technologies, Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS required
- Strong understanding of data centre design principles, products and protocols
- Knowledge of Network Security architectures, models and methodologies required
- Experience of using Cisco Routers, Switches, Nexus, ASR, Juniper required
- Understanding of network management, internetworking design and implementation of networks
- Experience with installation, management and daily operational support of the networking kits (routers, switches and firewalls etc.) required
- Good project management skills (large network deployments and cross-discipline project deliverables)
- Knowledge of neighbouring technologies: Voice, Computing etc.
- Software scripting and development experience with knowledge of C++, Java, Python
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Must be a collaborative team player
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.