Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm’s ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
FICC Macro technology organization supports the business interests of the Interest Rates and Foreign exchange businesses in Asia. This team has the unique position of spanning two of the fastest growing and diverse business units within the Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities Division. We are looking to grow our team with motivated and experienced technologists eager to work in a fast-paced environment.
We provide the opportunity to work alongside a team of passionate, driven engineers who enjoy working with the best and brightest talent, pushing technological boundaries and discovering new possibilities on a day-to-day basis. We have a deep pipeline of business driven project requests aimed at automating trading workflows and increasing our competitive advantage with our clients. Our team utilizes a rich software stack comprised of both open source and proprietary technologies (Slang/SecDb). We use Java to build distributed services and are in the process of redefining how we perform inter-process communication in our services oriented architecture.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You like writing elegant, readable and well-documented code, with unquestionable test coverage
• You enjoy working as part of a team responsible for the development and ownership of a key functional business deliverable
• You thrive when engaged in complex problem solving or analyzing large datasets, and excel at optimizing systems/software for performance, availability, scalability and maintainability
• You exhibit a hunger to learn new things (business/technologies) and are excited to engage in GS developed platforms and languages
• You excel at building strong relationships with our business partners, implementing quality improvements to our products
• You are excited to grow your career with us, inclusive of opportunities to lead projects and teams over time
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Interest in fixed income products
• Experience in fixed income asset classes
• Knowledge of trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.