Application Opening Date: 08 October 2019
Application Closing Date: 04 November 2019
Global Investment Research (GIR) division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies. Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyse financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You’ll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Responsible for the specific analysis of individual companies and their equities within the industry specific sector
- Will be responsible for the segment news flow and company models for specific companies within the media sector
- Produce regular reports summarising findings and predictions
- Communicate views on securities through sales force and through direct client contact
- Help create and maintain financial and market models primarily for various Media and Entertainment companies and markets
- Contribute to views on other sectors as well as contribute to overall sector views/pieces
- Develop and maintain relationship with investor relations and management of companies covered
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or above required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience required
- Strong exposure to media sector with relevant research experience required
- Experience of building/maintaining industry benchmarking and complex financial models required
- Familiarity with IPOs, industry insight generation, data analytics and channel checks required
- Experience of compiling/writing reports, morning market commentary and recommending investments required
- Experience of working closely with buy-side/sell-side/portfolio managers and sales and trading colleagues/professionals required
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be a collaborative team-player
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.