Enabling Goldman Sachs’ research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they
choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy.
The Goldman Sachs Investment Research division is undergoing a digital transformation. You’ll join the team as we embark on the next phase of this exciting project, with a strong emphasis on interactive HTML5 media, analytics and multi-channel content distribution. Many greenfield opportunities await the successful candidate which will be built upon a proven foundation.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• As a Platform Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for managing and supporting a number of critical application platforms.
• This includes ensuring the reliability of the production Investment Research platforms by developing solutions to proactively identify and rectify performance, capacity or control issues.
• Incident response across regions and working with Research Analysts to resolve critical research publication workflow issues.
• Participate in operational improvement projects and work closely with core technology teams to engineer reliable infrastructure with priority focus on external client facing platforms.
• Develop software or adopt frameworks that automate capture key performance metrics and perform continuous heathchecks of production platforms.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3-5 years relevant commercial experience
• Experience with Application and Database platforms (JBoss, Apache, Sybase, MongoDB, Etc)
• Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python, etc)
• Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows OS platforms
• Strong analytical, communications and client-facing skills
• Experience with engineering routines to perform application testing and performance benchmarking
• Experience with engineering incident prevention automation and automatic failover solutions
• Agile methodologies
• Experience working in a global team
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.