Are you passionate about leading teams, solving complex problems and reducing risk for the firm and its clients?
We are looking for a professional to lead our EMEA G20 Regulation Reporting & Monitoring Team who wants to use their skills and experience to build a motivated team who strive for excellence in the execution of our client’s regulatory reporting obligations.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The Consumer Investment Management Division (CIMD) delivers asset management and wealth management capabilities to clients around the world. The Operations team is a multi-faceted group that partners with all areas of the division to support evolving markets and business requirements. The Regulatory Middle Office (RMO) is a global team who oversees CIMD regulatory reporting and leads or provides SME input into regulatory reform initiatives. To achieve this, the team partners with internal and external stakeholders including Regulators, Custodians, Fund Administrators, Trading Desks, Client Relationship Managers, Engineering, Legal and Compliance.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will effectively lead and manage the G20 Regulation Reporting & Monitoring Team
• You will be responsible for the EMIR, SFTR, ASIC & SWISS Post Trade and Transaction Reporting requirements for the Asset Management business and the corresponding control and risk framework
• You will be responsible for analyzing trade reporting issues and developing remediation solutions which will require you to work closely with multiple engineering teams
• You will be responsible for working with trading desks to understand changes in business practice and adapting your team and the supporting infrastructure in order to consistently meet reporting obligations
• You will pro-actively review your team processes in order to gain efficiencies and improve risk oversight
• You will clearly articulate open risk to Head of Reporting & Monitoring and effectively escalate issues when required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree with minimum 4 years of industry experience
• Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as proficiency with web-based applications
• Experience of leading a small team in a fast paced and changing environment
• Strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows paired with meticulous attention to detail
• Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities within deadlines
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
• Good understanding of the financial industry including active interest in Operations
• Experience in Asset Management or Private Wealth Operations
• Experience in an Operations Control Environment
• Regulatory experience of MIFID II reporting, EMIR, SFTR, ASIC or SWISS Reporting
• Good understanding of financial products, e.g. equities, fixed income, exchange traded derivative and OTC derivatives
• Trade life cycle knowledge
• Working experience with operating on large data sets (incl. SQL)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity