Who We Are
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking,securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm isheadquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world
Human Capital Management
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm’s most valuable asset, our people.
Business Unit and Role Overview
The role will be based within the Global Mobility Services team and will be responsible for partnering with HCM colleagues in managing all aspects of domestic and international mobility issues for the business.
• Divisional responsibility for managing their mobile populations, including determining appropriate policy provisions and tax/compliance implications of mobility
• Managing key relationships within HCM, other GS departments and external vendors
• Proactive identification of compliance and/or risk issues (actual or potential) surrounding all aspects of mobility; including tax, employment law, immigration and regulatory requirements
• Proactive case management of mobile population across levels, including face to face briefings on GMS policy provisions, benefits and tax/compliance issues
• Various global and regional projects including new country set-up, policy and process reviews, vendor reviews and compliance-focused initiatives
• Generation, analysis and review of data to ensure complete and reasonable
• Payroll review and liaison with GMS Operations and Compensation Accounting teams
• Generation and review of assignment documentation
• Participating in GMS technology initiatives
• Day to day management of external vendors, including acting as an escalation point
• Interaction with GMS Finance team and generation, review and discussion of financial, metrics and population reports with clients
• Responsible for data upkeep and quality on a divisional, country and regional basis
To be successful in performing this role, the candidate will need to demonstrate strength and experience in a majority of the following areas:
• 5+ years’ experience in the mobility field (tax and/or assignment management), with international experience preferred
• Outstanding client service and relationship management and communication skills (Critical)
• Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong team player with experience in working with teams in different time zones
• A consultative approach when working with the business
• Enthusiastic, positive and keen to learn and develop
• Ability to appropriately manage confidential information
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint - strong Excel knowledge preferred
• Sound judgment – knowing when to escalate an issue combined with a willingness to be flexible and pragmatic when appropriate
• Attracted to a dynamic business culture supporting the firm’s broader growth strategy
• Flexibility and ability to manage several projects/priorities in a very fast-paced environment
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.