Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at
The Equity One Delta Engineering Team is primarily responsible for the design, development and maintenance of high availability, high performance mission critical systems for trading across the Americas region, including the US, LatAm, and Canada. A highly motivated developer will receive exposure to a fast paced environment covering program trading, shares, synthetics and derivatives sales and trading businesses, spanning functional domains including listed execution, electronic merchandising, order management and trading controls. As a developer in One Delta, your focus will be on the development of both front-end and server-side applications efficiency to Sales-trading desk workflows and focus on various equities High-Touch and Low Touch execution services initiatives to increase revenue opportunities. You will be involved in planning highly visible trading events such as IPOs, index rebalances, and large block trades – these are the bread and butter of an Equities Trading franchise that deals in billions of dollars of trading day-in day-out.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Partner with sales and trading desks to bring innovative solutions that enhance our client experience and expand revenue channels.
• Apply best practices to engineer highly reliable and scalable systems to support the growing demands of the Equities Trading business.
• Bring an inquisitive mind and strong problem solving skills to question status quo processes and architect optimized workflows.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 5-10 years of industry experience programming in a compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
• Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
• Comfort with standard SDLC tools, e.g. version control systems, diff-ing tools
• Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience developing in a Linux or UNIX environment
• Experience with several of the following: Real-time systems, Large-scale, distributed systems, Operating systems design, Compilers, Modern web stacks, Functional programming, Test engineering
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity