The Securities Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
Margin, Collateral and Valuations Engineering’s goal is to partner with the Business, Credit and Operations groups to provide scalable, timely, consistent, cost effective margin processing, client valuations and portfolio reconciliations across all clients, businesses and products globally. Our platform spans computations, orchestrations of dependencies, post calculations workflow to manage margin calls, settlements, reporting and reconciling with clients on their portfolios and external regulatory reporting.
As a member of our team you will work closely with the securities business and technical colleagues to solve complex technical problems and contribute to commercially-effective technical solutions of evolving business requirements. Effective problem-solving through communication and a highly-developed analytical and technical skillset are essential to your success. Our technology stack built mainly on Java, Micro services, Workflow, Graph Database, proprietary technologies. A willing and enthusiastic attitude toward mastering the necessary technical skills, as well as toward forming a detailed understanding of the trade collateralization flows you will work with, are key requirements of the role.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design, develop, test and document highly reliable client and server-side systems in a structured, disciplined, and fast-moving environment.
• Implement new systems using Goldman Sachs’ proprietary database and development platform
• Develop within a controlled process including design and code reviews.
• Form strong client relationships with operations and other technology groups in an integrated business and technology environment.
• Become an integral part of a global technology team.
• Support the production environment when necessary, assist in the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, and maintain the stability and integrity of systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (US or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field
• 8+ years with a B.E/M.S. in Computer Science or related field.
• 5-8+ years programming in an object-oriented language (strongly preferred) such as Java with hands on skills
• Experience in designing and developing resilient micro service architecture with in depth understanding of Workflow tools, Strong analytical skills with great passion to solve the complex problems in the collateralization space.
• Experience with complex debugging, ability to understand existing system architecture in order to move to strategic platforms.
• Experience working in a global team, and coordinating work across globally dispersed teams.
• Understanding of margin process across business lines like Listed, Derivatives, Prime brokerage and Repo products
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity