MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Core Engineering Portfolio Management (CPM) team is a critical part of the global Engineering management team. This team is responsible for driving the execution of strategic priorities as defined by the Core Engineering leadership team, including budgeting and resource planning and oversight, enterprise risk management, divisional communications, regulatory interactions, and external outreach of behalf of Core Engineering and the firm’s Chief Technology Officer. The CPM team works hand in hand with the Chief Technology Officer, Core Engineering Business Unit heads, Divisional Leadership, and other senior leaders on strategic initiatives and special projects. Similar to management consulting, the group works on diverse projects based on the division’s priorities. Additionally, the group works on diverse projects based on the division’s priorities and: Manages a wide variety of initiatives for senior leadership of the division Develops management presentations (both internal and external to Engineering) Plans and oversees the implementation of key programs to address audit findings and regulatory requirements Oversees the division’s workforce strategy and organizational design Manages the divisional communications strategy Drives the external outreach strategy We are looking for a Program manager to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for Core Engineering. This individual will enjoy leading the execution of cross-divisional initiatives with significant strategy implications by implementing consistent project management methodologies and governance tools that ensure implementations are on time, on budget and of high quality.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of Core Eng.
• Develop new programs to support the strategic direction of Core
• Maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders across engineering, sales, services and partner teams
• Coach and mentor others in planning, organizing and coordinating work
• Evangelize and reach beyond existing solutions and technologies to incorporate new ideas
• Understand strategic plans, business, process and architecture and use that to influence design and develop solutions
• Identify and remove impediments at program level, leveraging stakeholders, sponsorship and other relationships to do so
• Provide transparency of progress and issues to all relevant stakeholders while leading program delivery through agile methodologies
• Work with product owner to build the strategic vision and forward looking 6-12-month roadmap and refine the backlog
• Implement and coach the team on testing best practices
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's Degree
• 4+ years' experience across technology and project management – preferably with a focus in a business analysis/project/program management function
• Strong analytical and business analysis experience, including process analysis
• Project management skills including project scope definition; project issues, challenges, risks definition; status reporting; User Acceptance Test execution
• Experience scoping and driving delivery of projects - has delivered results in a cross functional team setting, on time to budget
• Familiar with Agile software development principles and various ceremonies etc.
• Must be hands-on, able and willing to work with teams while coaching them to reach efficient and effective performance levels
• Use facilitation skills to lead data gathering, analysis and design efforts
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders
• Strategic thinker able to identify cross functional issues, provide innovative solutions, and communicate the implications of solutions across existing processes, systems and teams, e.g. costs, risk, service
• • Knowledge of products and processes related to the financial services industry would be an advantage, as is related experience in technology strategy or in a client service or business function and/or management consulting
• 3+ year of hands-on Agile program leadership experience in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
• Experience developing products using customer and design-centric practices
• Knowledge of automated testing tools and frameworks, Agile Testing practices
• Experience on tools like JIRA and JIRA Portfolio
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity