Platform is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, Platform solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm’s culture of high-caliber software engineering.
Management and design of 3 core technologies for the firm:
• Software distribution
• A schedule based cross platform distributed computing system
• Grid compute
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build UIs that are leveraged by thousands of internal clients on a daily basis
• Partner with technical and product leads on driving the client experience
• Leverage best in class in-house, open source and vendor software to rapidly innovate
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A solid understanding of NodeJS and its eco-system
• Engineering or Computer Science Degree required. Masters preferred.
• Experience with gulp (or grunt) and webpack (or SystemJS or Browserify)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly organized with attention to detail and excellent follow-through
• Knowledge and experience of core Java development
• Experience with React/Redux or Angular 4
• Experience building tools and frameworks used by fellow developers
• Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus and influencing outcomes
• Results-oriented with the ability to balance multiple, time-sensitive projects while maintaining a longer term, strategic focus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity