Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Our Client On-boarding Due Diligence team is seeking a professional who is looking to work with a wide variety of individuals in Institutional Sales, Compliance and Operations across the Securities Division to facilitate an excellent client on-boarding experience and mitigate risks associated with the capture and documentation of related financial transactions.
Client Due Diligence Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted team that helps to deliver sales and trading capabilities to clients around the world for all product lines and markets. Alongside this vital service delivery role, our team oversees essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. This group manages key relationships to assist in the on-boarding of institutional and prime brokerage clients.
As a member of the Client On-boarding organization, this individual will specialize in the review of AML/KYC documentation and the approval of new relationships for the Americas institutional business. The individual will work directly with our internal partners, clients and sales in a fast paced environment with precision and accuracy. The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization, including sales, legal and compliance, is critical.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Ensure due diligence is performed to comply with “Know Your Customer” regulations
• Develop expertise in the Firm’s Anti Money Laundering/Customer Identification due diligence policies
• Draft procedures to reflect changing regulatory requirements
• Devise and implement process improvement efficiencies
• Coordinate with internal and external clients to obtain relevant on-boarding requirements
• Approve the opening of new accounts
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree required
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
• Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
• Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
• Knowledge of Customer Identification Programs (CIP) a plus
• Understand structure of trading counterparts
• Knowledge of financial markets and products
• Ability to adapt to new changes and new challenges
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive, self-motivated
• Prudent in escalating potential risk to the Firm
• Spanish/Portuguese language skills a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity