Make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
The Data Lake team is building the firmwide data repository for Goldman Sachs. It will hold full versioned histories of all data at the firm in a form that is ready to use quickly for any current or future purpose. With all the firm’s data kept in a single place it can be readily projected into appropriate technologies for consumption or transformation. The Data Lake uses a wide variety of cutting edge technologies including Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Map/Reduce, Spark, Apache Beam, Apache Flink, Kakfa, SQL data warehouses, Presto, Hive, Java and Python.
• Leverage your understanding of big data concepts, hands-on experience and knowledge of the Data Lake to provide guidance and technical support to the Lake’s clients
• Engage and develop relationships with clients to understand their business use cases, how the Data Lake can provide effective solutions and to identify enhancements to be added to the product roadmap
• Use client support and problem solving skills, a collaborative work ethic, and a keen sense of prioritization to help clients remediate and address issues, problems and risks
• Provide configuration, code reviews and, when necessary, develop key software components to assist clients to efficiently use the Lake to meet their business requirements
• Influence and help drive the prioritization of the Data Lake product roadmap and the development of new functionality based on your knowledge of client’s business needs
• Identify analytics to track client’s Lake usage, configuration/software behavior, data patterns and issues; create data models to support the analytics, leverage the Data Lake to generate the data and develop dashboards using off-the-shelf tools
• Contribute to the Data Lake’s knowledge base that documents its features, functionality, best practices and user guides
• Contribute to the user training solutions so that clients can learn about the Lake’s features and functions independently and at their own pace
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop an in-depth understanding of big data concepts and gain hands-on experience of how they are supported in the Data Lake
• Problem solving, creativity and ownership will empower you to troubleshoot and remedy client issues, problems and risks
• Develop a data-driven mindset to create and use analytics to help drive decisions on which clients require attention, what features should be prioritized and predict issues before they occur
• Understand client’s business use cases so that you can influence and help drive the priority and development of the Data Lake product
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3-6 years of software development experience, with particular focus on business data management in a client facing role
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Exceptional communication skills both written & verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills & proven success in cross-functional collaboration
• Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
• • The ability to self-direct as circumstances change and priorities shift, based on organizational needs, without constant & overt micromanagement
• • Extensive knowledge and proven experience applying domain driven design to build complex business applications or processes
• • Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
• A Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related quantitative discipline)
• Working knowledge of more than one programming language (Python, R, Java, C++, Slang etc.)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity