We are building a team focused on various digital strategies for the Goldman Sachs spanning API to user experience across all the businesses in our firm.
As a heavily regulated enterprise with a highly diverse set of financial services, spanning MNPI, pre-published research, trading, sales, retail consumers, amongst other.
This role will create our practices, oversee our technical and product architectures as well as establishing, and operating operational oversight across the various control and quality processes.
As an architect you will be responsible for designing efficient processes, process efficiency analysis of existing processes, monitoring for process quality, and being an expert in your domain across all aspects of the Goldman Sachs digital strategy.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Own a product and solution from architectural design through the actual build to continuous operations and improvement
• Deploy new technologies to keep the Bank platform modern and scalable
• Assist in solving a variety of technical problems including: general architecture patterns, vendor integrations, high availability, fault tolerance, fail forward, synchronous vs. asynchronous integration, performance monitoring and data transformations
• Simplify and improve processes to improve adherence and development velocity
• Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of complex system development and architecture experience
• Deep expertise with one or more of the following: messaging middleware and database technologies such as Kafka, MongoDB, AWS, GCP, and Azure native services
• 3+ years of Java, C++, or similar language development experience
• 3+ years of experience designing architectures leveraging SOA, micro-services, domain driven design, contract driven design, OpenAPI
• Knowledge and experience about web services, mobile application services, single page web applications, and related digital services technologies
• Experience with authentication, authorization, SAML, OpenID, and related technologies
• Experience with developing and deploying in the Cloud environment leveraging Cloud native services Container Services, Database Services, Micro Services etc.
• Experience designing high availability, fault tolerant, real-time transaction processing systems
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Responsive to challenging tasking
• Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner
• Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion
• Highly collaborative and team focused
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.