Payments Engineering - Payment processing has recently become one of the key areas of focus for financial services and fintech industry. It is at the center of innovation for automating and streamlining flows to meet the needs of a variety of clients across the globe. Our Payments Engineering team builds and supports the systems that provide a comprehensive payment solution to the firm’s needs across institutional, consumer (Marcus) and internal (treasury) clients. These systems manage the entire payment lifecycle – from initiation to execution - of all inbound and outbound cash flows for the firm across 60 currencies spanning multiple payment electronic networks and platforms globally. Governing these critical flows is not a responsibility we take lightly. We, therefore, are seeking capable engineers who are up to the task of designing, building, testing, deploying and supporting these systems with a special focus on scale, resiliency and high availability.
Our technology stack includes Java, Hibernate, Spring Boot, Angular, DB2, MongoDB, Oracle, GS Search (proprietary search tool), Elastic search, and Kafka. We are specifically looking for Candidate with strong SWIFT technical knowledge and experience is required to join Swift Engineering team. Responsibility of the candidate will be to help manage SWIFT connectivity infrastructure on Linux. This includes supporting and upgrading AMH, SAG/SNL, SAA, HSM, Web-Access and private leased lines. Our global team is well-balanced in size and experience levels, enabling you to maximize your potential. We have both the senior and junior developers who will work with you, challenge you, and teach you along the way. Our engineers often blur the lines between front end, back end, DevOps, and product management, and we value developers who can cover a breadth of skills while also cultivating areas of expertise. A willingness to learn new languages, technologies and the business will be key to your success in this role.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The applicant will be responsible for delivering solutions to satisfy the requirements placed upon the group by clients in the various divisions.
• Develop requirements for enhancements to our products when appropriate
• Help define strategy, manage communication and prioritization of enhancements
• Vendor, user and business engagement
• Responsible for the health of the production environment for the product(s) owned
• Contribute to the design and implementation of new and re-engineered tools to manage and monitor the production environment
• Provide consultation for the business and business application development teams on solutions that meet their requirements
• Engage with vendors in all stages of their products’ life cycle including discovery, evaluation, implementation and future direction
• Engage with greater technology team and project management in large project efforts
• Use industry knowledge to proactively inform businesses of the impact of upcoming changes to relevant products as well as to formulate a plan of action
• Knowledge share to rest of team
• Participate in change, incident, environment, capacity and BCP management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• 1 - 5 years of professional experience coding in object oriented or functional languages
• Solid problem solving and Technical Project Management skills
• Significant experience with the operation of large-scale/high performance systems
• Significant experience in operations and troubleshooting user and environmental issues
• Understanding of the software deployment process, with preferable experience in high-volume environments
• Strong planning, prioritization, communication skills in the context of a team environment
• Demonstrate knowledge of monitoring and instrumentation
• Experience with BCP, change and incident management, operational efficiency programs
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to provide support to our users in all regions. This will extend from resolving product specific queries to coordinated software rollouts and production support
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Be able to work under pressure
• Experience dealing with demand based support, such as a Rota based system
• Experience in working with messaging products such as EMS/IBM MQ etc
• Experience of configuration management of middleware software solutions
• Understanding of Networking and OS (Linux/Solaris/Windows) fundamentals
• Strong knowledge and experience of working with SWIFT services (FIN, FileAct, Browse, Interact etc.) and SWIFT products (AMH, SAG, RMA, web-Access,HSM etc.)
• Basic understanding of SWIFT message formats and Standards Releases
• Unix (shell), Perl, Python scripting, RDBMS and SQL
• Awareness of Cyber/Infrastructure security would be of added advantage
• Strong knowledge about Payments and Industry trends
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.