Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The Short Term Interest Rate Sales desk covers a wide variety of institutional clients (hedge funds, asset managers, banks, corporates) for short dated IRP, credit , EM, cash & secured financing products, facilitating both market making as well as firm financing activities. Salespeople on the desk work closely with traders from the global repo, financing, rates and commercial paper trading desks. Salespeople have a broad macroeconomic understanding of the trading environment, the intricacies of global financing markets and a developed knowledge of both STIR markets as well as the bank’s capital structure.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Maintain and build strong relationship with clients, traders and strategists
- Filter the wealth of information available in order to provide our clients with a service that is relevant to their business
- Develop trade ideas with the support of trading and research
- Product enhancement: direct input into enhancing GS offering, market intel collecting, idea generation, project prioritisation
- Data consolidation: collecting / analysing / distributing to clients / internal analysis
- Ensure the operational stability of the business and work effectively with the various business control units in the bank, operations, risk, compliance, etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Financial services or investment banking industry experience preferred
- Prior involvement in financial risk management activities preferred
- Experience of generating market insights and providing market colour to colleagues and clients preferred
- Must have proven ability to work within a team
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, quick learning ability required
- Must have ability to manage client expectations and competing priorities
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity