Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
RISK ADVISORY delivers best in class advisory support and technology solutions across the information security risk domain including scalable uplifts of common core security solutions for use across Goldman Sachs. Prevents the misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or loss of firm data across e-mail, file transfer, and the Internet. Ensures business continuity and technology resilience by safeguarding Goldman Sachs from major operational disruptions through preventative measures including business planning, capability design, and the testing of mitigants.
Business Unit Overview
Led by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Technology Risk secures Goldman Sachs against hackers and other cyber threats. We are responsible for detecting and preventing attempted cyber intrusions against the firm, helping the firm develop more secure applications and infrastructure, developing software in support of our efforts, measuring cybersecurity risk, and designing and driving implementation of cybersecurity controls. The team has global presence across the Americas, APAC, India and EMEA. Within Technology Risk, Advisory is the consultative and technology subject matter expertise arm, responsible for assessing new technology initiatives for risk, partnering with engineers to architect and design secure products and services, embedding implementation reviews as part of the SDLC and CI/CD pipeline via code analysis and penetration testing, and guiding technology innovation in terms of security and control across Goldman Sachs. The team plays a critical role in designing and assessing controls for our transition to building native public cloud applications. Role In this role, you will be reviewing Software Architecture designs and helping identify detrimental architecture flaws earlier in the SDLC. You will be required to leverage your Application Security knowledge to guide developers and architects on how to build secure software on-prem and in the cloud. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of prior experience performing Threat Modeling or Secure Design Reviews.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Perform software architecture design reviews for on-prem or cloud deployments.
• Serve as an Application security liaison for the developers and architects in the respective Business Unit.
• Review security assessment reports from pentest and code review engagements.
• Conduct Read out Calls with the business to articulate risk and recommend a mitigation strategy.
• Develop secure architecture design patterns.
• Mentor other junior members of the team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years’ experience in one or more technical roles (focusing in application security).
• Prior experience in performing Threat Modelling or Secure Design Reviews.
• Familiarity with common cloud services, recommended security best practices and secure deployment patterns - AWS is preferred.
• Knowledge of most common Application Security vulnerabilities – e.g., OWASP Top 10 and cloud security gaps.
• Familiarity with Security standards such as OWASP Testing Guide, OWASP ASVS, NIST and Sans top 20.
• Common security controls and how they apply to different designs and systems including but not limited to secure authentication, access controls, encryption (at rest/ in transit), IDS/IPS, DLP, malware etc.
• Experience in application vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of web, thick-client, or mobile applications.
• Working knowledge of application security tools such as fuzzers, scanners, debuggers, decompilers, proxies, simulators, etc.
• Familiarity with modern and common web stack technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML5, AJAX, REST, etc.) and platforms (e.g. DropWizard, Springboot, AngularJS, React Tomcat, .Net, Sybase, MS SQL, MongoDB, etc.).
• Familiarity with common cloud services, recommended security best practices and secure deployment patterns. AWS is preferred.
• Understanding of core cryptography concepts (Encryption, Hashing, HMAC, digital signatures) and how they are applied and attacked in web applications (e.g. TLS attacks, CBC attacks).
• Ability to analyze protocols (OAuth, SAML, OIDC), flows and interactions in a system design to evaluate gaps.
• Ability to identify threats, abuse cases, and gaps in the design before it is implemented.
• Good written and oral communication to be able to articulate risks to both technical and management stakeholders.
• Knowledge of network, application and operating system security risks.
• MS. in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-Security, or Information Security.
• Experience or trainings in related disciplines e.g. computer science, computer security, software development, system design, open source frameworks, encryption schemes, etc.
• Experience doing architecture review of Mobile applications.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.