GCEM TRADING AND SALES GROUP
The Global Currencies and Emerging Market Trading & Sales desk assists Goldman Sachs’ clients in managing their exposure to currency risk by offering a range of financial instruments. This is a critical function for our clients and the firm, and the products offered range from vanilla spot trades to exotic structured derivatives on major and emerging market currencies.
In addition, the GCEM desk also encompasses Emerging Markets desk that actively trades conventional fixed income instruments like bonds and interest rate swaps. Foreign Exchange is an incredibly dynamic business and is a significant source of revenue for the Global Markets division, and for the firm in general.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
In this role, you will be challenged to design and implement innovative solutions to enable the Global Currencies and Emerging Market business to manage their risk and positions, bring in new revenue and streamline workflows. You will work closely with a number of internal clients including Sales, Trading and Operations. You will also work on enhancements to reduce both technical and operational support through automation and machine learning. You will be able to work on all stages of the software development life-cycle. Given the global nature of the business, you will often work with counterparts in other regional offices on projects and learn about different local markets and different financial products.
- 3-7 years of work experience.
- Strong programming skills in one or more languages (Python, Java, C/C++,).
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Working knowledge of UNIX.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills are a must given that the role will involve interacting with traders & salespeople.
- Ability to work well in a team setting often with developers in other regions.
- Adaptability to different technologies to suit the problem including some proprietary technologies
- Strong analytical skills, ability to quickly identify scope and impact of issues.
- Implement new software and enhancements to existing systems.
- Provide L3 application support.
- Provide technical support to trading, sales and operations.
- Review incidents and identify root causes and follow-ups.
- Interact with users to understand business flows and define requirements.
- Contribute to Quality Control (Code/Design reviews).
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity