Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of derivative products? We are seeking a professional who will work closely with sales & trading, strats, structuring and various federation teams to mitigate operational risk by ensuring accurate risk booking and legal documentation for the firm’s exotic Equity Derivative business. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of cross product derivative business across all execution formats (e.g. OTC, securitised). In addition to daily BAU work, you will regularly collaborate with teams across Securities division to enable new and innovative products and to improve work-flows for more scalability, efficiency and robust controls.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Exotic Trade Review (‘ETR’) is a cross product high-value risk management team in Operations that mitigates the risk associated with the trade booking and legal documentation of structured derivative transactions through independent and thorough review. ETR works closely with trading to improve trade booking accuracy and ensure appropriate tradables are being used to validate that all significant terms are being captured in the booking.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the life cycle of a trade by interacting with traders, strategists, sales and structures in addition to middle office, legal, product control and documentation teams in order to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation.
Partner with a team of product experts to review all economic aspects of derivative trades while gaining strong exotic derivatives knowledge and financial risk awareness.
• Showcase your attention to detail by ensuring all trade economics, pay-off profiles and pricing factors are correctly captured in the risk management system
• Use your inquisitive mind set to identify control weaknesses with respect to booking methodology as well as discrepancies in the legal documentation
• Leverage your quantitative skills to decompose complex structured transaction payoffs and propose creative, robust booking solutions
• Work in a strong team setting to develop a deeper understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to automate and improve our existing processes
SKILLS & EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in financial services, supporting a Derivative business
• Proven analytical skill, problem solving ability and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
• Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
• Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to effective manage competing priorities
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
• Quantitative educational background
• Pursuing CFA, FRM or CQF
• French language skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity