MBD Technology is one agile team that develops solutions in the Content Search, Workflow, Investment Management, Transaction Entry, Investor Management and Business Intelligence areas. Sitting alongside the Merchant Banking business it offers unique opportunities to work with a world class Private Equity Business
At MBD, we change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas that can be invested in. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
Engineering is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
For us, funds are critical to how we bring capital to invest into ideas. Investors in our funds are idea seekers just like how we as engineers are.
This role requires conceptualization, design and execution of a completely new way of how funds transact with investments.You will be responsible for leading the effort to design and write calculators to capture transactions and pricing, create new & integrate current systems to enable risk & lifecycle management for these funds and completely reinvent ways of the capital being managed in our systems.
You will have to apply a vareity of skills - problem solving, technical, innovation, creative collaboration and much more to build this for our world class private equity business.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Use engineering to identify and measure risk and to implement quantitative and technical risk management solutions in software.
• Forge strong relationships with our key clients - fund managers, fund & other accountants, operations, bankers and other engineering teams to develop and enhance our systems and processes.
• Define and implement models, including accountability for modeling methodologies, code base, and infrastructure.
• Analyze model output and facilitate understanding of model results by non-technical partners.
• Understand business needs, facilitate and develop process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts.
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally.
• A willingness to learn new technologies including the firm’s proprietary risk management system and programming language SecDB and Slang.
• Ideally at least 3-6 years of industry experience.
• Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java) and familiarity with functional languages like python
• Familiarity with financial markets, financial assets, and asset pricing a plus but not necessary
• Experience in a front office/trading environment a plus but not necessary
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.