The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The SecDiv Operations and Engineering Finance team is a dynamic and flexible team, constantly adapting to the evolving priorities of the broader organization. Whether collaborating on regional glide paths, building out financial models for speculative business opportunities, or providing transparency into budgetary trends, the team serves as the primary interface between SDOE and cross divisional leadership to ensure alignment and execution of strategies and initiatives.
This role requires working with the businesses managers to help manage the business in an effective manner by keeping effective control over expenses, preparing quarterly forecast/annual budgets other requirements including presentations to senior management across the globe. It would entail in-depth analysis and reporting for the management to take decision, therefore, eye to detail is a prerequisite. The candidate is required to work with the counter parts in the region on ad-hoc reports apart from regular reporting and analysis.
• Maintain and ensure adherence to budget: headcount/hiring, consulting, outsourcing, and travel spend
• Partner with leadership to drive financial literacy and provide transparency and insight through analytics, reporting, and education
• Act as a strategic financial advisor and monitor outcomes/measure performance
• Ability to coordinate and gain consensus across multiple groups (Operations, Business, Technology), in multiple regions, at various levels of seniority
• Strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams in preparation of different type of reports highlighting divisional performance with focus on expense management
• Improving management decision making capabilities through effective reporting and analysis of data
• Analyzing variances and trend of spend and provide business with regular cost reports supported by well written commentaries
• Playing key role in expense management initiatives working with different business units
• Support Business Planning / Forecasting exercise
• Play key roles in global initiatives including automation projects.
• Support the team in finalizing presentations and documentation activities
• Support Other Projects and Analysis for Senior Leadership
• Bachelors or Master’s degree of Commerce qualification
• Minimum 2 years of experience in financial services industry, preferably in an expense management/ analytical function
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use.
• Experience of financial tools and applications including PeopleSoft 8.9 (General Ledger, Accounts Payable) and Essbase is preferred
• Strong creative presentation aptitude
• Experience with Alteryx, Tableau, and other BI capabilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to interact with global stakeholders
• Inquisitive, enthusiastic flexible self-starter with a strong analytical mind-set and capability to work well under pressure
• Ability to work in a team-based environment and coordinate and interact effectively with global colleagues
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity