Did you know Goldman-Sachs has over 9000 Engineers globally? As a member of our team you will be on the front line driving upgrades on the firm’s SDLC stacks balancing operational risk, client experience, and business opportunity. You will be a pioneering leader in moving the firm to cloud-based and mobile SDLC along with a first class global team. Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Systemize, automate, or eliminate recurring tasks and issues
• Ensure runtime environments are correctly configured and modelled in terms of infrastructure and software topology
• Ensure SDLC platforms are current, standardized, scalable, available, and resilient. Design component, as well as integration architecture for large scale distributed applications
• Engage with internal development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions. Follow best practices throughout the SDLC process
• Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
• Provide technical guidance on established best practices to the technology and business communities
• One who enjoys working in a progressive, team-oriented environment. Hungry to learn new approaches and technologies. Passionate about managing operational risk. Pragmatic in weighing approach trade-offs. Keen to work with equally motivated colleagues across the globe
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3.5+ of industry experience. Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
• Prior experience in a Devops, SRE, Infrastructure, or System Admin role
• Experience with Cloud and Infrastructure as Code technologies - AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, etc
• Familiarity with continuous integration, deployment pipelines, monitoring solutions
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby, or shell scripting
• Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus, and influencing outcomes, strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills, self-directed, ability to prioritize and escalate issues
• Working knowledge of using Gradle, Maven, SVN, Postgres, and Atlassian products (e.g. JIRA)
• Degree qualification in Computer Science or related field
• Prior experience with the Prometheus/Grafana monitoring stack
• Prior operational experience with GitLab Enterprise Edition
• Experience with continuous deployment
• Experience with large scale data processing tools like Elastic Search and add-on tools like Kibana, Logstash
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.