Application Opening Date: 06 March 2020
Application Closing Date: 02 April 2020
London Regulatory Controllers are responsible for ensuring that Goldman Sachs International maintains adequate capital resources to meet the firm’s investment business commitments and to withstand the risks to which the business is subject, e.g. Market Risk, Credit Risk and Operational Risk.
Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for the production of all internal and external prudential regulatory capital reporting for EMEA regulated entities. The current vacancy is for an associate candidate within the Regulatory Reporting Production Reporting team specialising in Capital, RWA and Leverage ratio computations.
The Regulatory Reporting team sits within the Controllers department, a part of the Finance division. This is a very high profile team involved in a wide range of areas/issues and involves interaction with many other areas of the Firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Calculating components of the regulatory capital position on a daily basis.
- Preparation and analysis of information used in frequent ad-hoc requests
- Preparation and presentation of PRA regulatory returns on a monthly/quarterly basis:
· UK entities COREP returns
· Various PRA returns (FSA001, FSA002, FSA015, FSA017) and Group FSA015, and FSA017
· Leverage ratio calculations and reporting
· Coverage of the Bank of England regulatory returns (BT, AD, AL, BE etc.)
- Preparation, review and presentation of internal management information:
· Monthly/quarterly regulatory capital internal committee decks
· Capital forecast scenarios for ICAAP
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s level, equivalent or above required
- Significant experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services/professional industries required
- Experience with daily P/L reporting, risk reporting, regulatory reporting and preparing management information required
- Strong data analysis skills with ability to work with large data sets required
- Demonstrable involvement with technology enhancement projects for reporting processes as well as with automation/process improvement initiatives required
- Knowledge of local regulatory framework and business processes such as initiations, confirmations, settlements, collaterals etc. required
- Familiarity with financial statement audits with experience of managing multiple audit engagements required
- Strong attention to detail and time management are essential skills required for this role
- Candidate should have the flexibility required to work in a pressurised and dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbal and in writing, to a broad range of people across the Firm at various levels of seniority
- Self-motivated and proactive - ability to run with issues, get involved hands-on, and provide constant high-quality feedback
- Must be a collaborative team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity