The Merchant Banking Division is a multi-asset principal investing desk participating in both the public and private markets including investments in equities, credit, corporate loans, real estate and non-performing mortgage loan portfolios. There is huge focus in growing the business, including providing access to our successful investment strategies to external clients.
Our unique seat means we are exposed to complex financial products and a diverse range of deals. Given the exotic nature of the businesses, we solve new problems not only for our own business unit, but sometimes for the whole firm.
We are looking for a senior engineer to help establish a presence in Warsaw. You will be working closely with the global engineering team as well as the investment analysts, execution team, trading, Strats and operations functions to build platforms that will provide the business with an edge over competitors and enable the business to scale to its full potential. Your time will be split between developing and driving long-term engineering vision for the business, executing on that strategy by building well-designed and tested software, and provide day-to-day deal support to ensure our risk is appropriately captured in our systems.
This is an excellent leadership opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, producing highly impactful engineering solutions, collaborating with other smart and driven colleagues, then this is the role for you.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Demonstrate effective stakeholder management whilst prioritising competing requirements or projects
• Identify opportunity for engineering solutions to advance the businesses
• Deliver commercially impactful and well-designed technology products
• Ownership across the whole delivery lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing and deployment
• Ensure business continuity and improve production stability
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor degree in a technical (computer science, mathematics, science, engineering) discipline
• 4+ years experience of commercial software development
• Pro-active, sense of ownership and responsibility
• Strong communication skills
• Familiarity with Java, web development and SQL would be beneficial
• Knowledge of financial products (preferably in fixed income/credit)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.