Strategists create cutting-edge applications and analytics, data visualization and trading tools, for our external and internal clients. They are expected to develop an in-depth understanding of the financial terms, risk management and pricing of a wide range of products, models and asset classes offered by the firm. This presents a highly visible platform to use your skills and knowledge to make a direct impact to the firm’s bottom line. Within the strategist group, financial product engineers design and build the strategic platform and APIs for the firms’ derivatives contractual terms representation and evolution and as such are core to a great number of strategic initiatives within the firm.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
· Design and implement scalable APIs for financial terms modelling, modification and storage
· Partner with the business to develop and implement quantitative, technological solutions
· Collaborate efficiently within a diverse global team spanning multiple continents
· Increase client market share via innovative tools and data analytics
· Work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment as a self-starter
· Client focus: think of APIs as a service and provide internal and external users with outstanding SLAs
· Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field: Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering
· Knowledge about popular design patterns and algorithms
· Excellent programming skills in a major programming language
· Efficient and effective communication skills
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· In-depth knowledge of analytics, trading environment and risk management of at least one financial asset class
· Competence in computer science and mathematics
· Experience working with large scalable platforms
· Knowledge of more than one financial asset class
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity