The firm is investing in a significant initiative to enhance data quality across the firm, to enable increased data commercialization, improved client experience, and satisfy regulatory requirements. This function is a key component of this initiative.
Working with business engineers, non-engineers and other members of Data Engineering to capture business processes and identify data gaps towards business’s revenue goals.
Implement plans to close those data gaps to meet business process needs, whether it be by acquiring, modelling or hydrating data or improving governance & curation levels of data processes. Work alongside members of the Data Intelligence Office or business engineers as appropriate for these functions.
Establishing and designing a critical new function within Data Engineering
Collaborate with other members of Data Engineering office to develop a framework for capturing the requirements and producing solutions
Reviewing process models and providing subject matter expertise
Helping promote the Data Fabric and the uptake of the underlying tools such as Workflow, PURE, and Data Lake
Providing training and thought leadership to further develop process modelling and data requirements capture skills across Engineering to better enable data modelling and curation
The Engineering Division
Our team of engineers build solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Data Engineering – Data Governance
The Data Governance Office is a central Firmwide data office that is responsible for defining and driving data governance across the firm. It aims to:
Bring better definition, transparency and understanding of the data produced and consumed across different areas of the firm
Create and maintain the policies, standards, and procedures for data governance
Bring consistency to the way data is modeled and represented across the firm
Set expectation about data quality and drive a process to improve it
Create visibility of findings, failures and violations of data governance
Report on the state of governance framework processes and supporting data platform and tooling
We are a global team, implementing the new Data Governance policy. We need to show where data enters the firm and how it is transformed and reported and what data quality controls exist for critical datasets. We use this meta-data for regulatory requirements and to gain insights into our data - aiming to cut duplication, improve quality and respond faster to new business opportunities. Our users need to search and visualize the firm’s data flows. We will be mining our existing and new data stores, data models and processes.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Working with businesses to model their processes and capture data needs that help drive Insights and Commercialization
• Become involved early in the process and help shape the standards and policies associated with process data requirement capture
• Influence and help drive the development of platforms that service process modelling and requirements capture
• Recommend business process improvement and the Data Intelligence Office's engagement models
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
• 3-5 years of software development or business data management experience, with particular focus on process modelling / engineering
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience applying domain-driven design to build complex business applications
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with product managers and subject matter experts to extract critical business concepts
• Working knowledge of BPMN
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Bachelor’s/Master’s/MBA in related fields
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.